The Auteur MKII is a two channel preamp that features high-speed input stages that capture lots of detail and nuance, and transformer-coupled output stages that impart a nice touch of vintage vibe. It also features phantom power, phase, and a 10dB pad. It’s housed in a 1U, ½ rack chassis, and can be linked together with a second ½ rack unit by using the included connector plate.
The Auteur MKII has a revamped gain stage that results in higher gain, lower noise, lower distortion, and a more extended frequency response than the original design. Use it on drums for rotund results. Throw it on vocals for a silky polish. Hear guitars soar like never before. No matter what you use it on, the Auteur MKII will do the job like a pro!
- POWER: flip switch up to turn preamp on, flip switch down to turn preamp off
- 48V: engage to turn phantom power on, disengage to turn phantom power off
- GAIN: clockwise rotation yields an increase in output signal amplitude, counterclockwise rotation yields a decrease in output signal amplitude
- PHASE (Ø): engage to adjust input signal polarity by 180°, disengage to leave input signal polarity unchanged
- PAD: engage to reduce input signal amplitude by 10dBu, disengage to leave input signal amplitude unchanged
- XLR IN: balanced, mic-level XLR input
- TRS OUT: balanced, line-level TRS output
- GND: internal chassis ground
- AC IN: 24VAC input jack (only use a BLA-specified power supply)