The perfect partner for a StudioLive Series III console.
The StudioLive 32R Series III rack mixer is a perfect partner for your StudioLive Series III console/recorder, serving as either a simple stage box or a combination stage box and monitor mixer. Since Series III rack mixers and consoles can network using AVB, you can connect your StudioLive 32R to a Series III front-of-house console with one lightweight CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for a heavy, expensive copper snake—and the signal degradation that goes with long analog cable runs. You can even remote control the StudioLive 32R’s preamps and phantom power from your networked Series III console. In stage box + monitor mixer mode, the StudioLive 32R not only serves as an excellent networked stage box, it is a full blown monitor mixer with far more processing and mixing power than any mixer in its class—all packed into just two rackspaces (2U).
The most powerful rack mixer in its class.
When we say the StudioLive® 32R Series III stage box and rack mixer is by far the most powerful rackmount digital mixer in its class, that’s no idle claim. The result of ten years of R&D, third-generation StudioLive Series III rack mixers are fully recallable, including remote-controlled XMAX preamps. Yet despite their extensive features, StudioLive Series III rack mixers actually improve upon PreSonus®’ legendary ease of use while letting you customize their workflow and operations in software to fit the way you work. The coveted StudioLive sound is better than ever, including third-generation Fat Channel processing, re-engineered from the ground up, and vintage-style EQs and compressors. Add built-in AVB networking, multitrack recording via USB 2.0 and AVB, onboard stereo recording to SD Card, and a complete suite of software, and you have a mixing and recording powerhouse that’s equally formidable as a stage box/monitor mixer, as a rackmount front-of-house mixer controlled from a touchscreen computer or tablet, and as the heart of your studio.
A third-generation Fat Channel.
StudioLive Series III rack mixers boast the same third-generation Fat Channel processing found in StudioLive Series III consoles. Delivering digital precision with the heart and soul of analog, the Series III Fat Channel implements a plug-in-style workflow that features vintage-style EQ and compression options on every channel, from classic tube limiters to passive EQs. In addition to channel processing, all StudioLive Series III mixers offer 6-band, fully parametric EQ on all mix outputs. Enjoy extensive, studio-style processing when recording, mixing monitors, or even running the front-of-house system.
Customize scenes and presets in new and powerful ways—including your way.
With StudioLive Series III, we’ve upped the ante and given you more flexibility when working with scenes and presets. Mixer scenes now include Scene Safe. Similarly, we’ve expanded the concept of Fat Channel presets so that presets have, for practical purposes, become like scenes for individual channels, not only saving input and Fat Channel settings but also aux send and bus assignments. Of course you can also use preset filters to choose what you want to recall.
Create buses and groups to suit your workflow with FlexMixes.
Don’t you hate it when you’re setting up for a show and find you have an unused subgroup—but you’re short one monitor mix? That’s not a problem anymore, thanks to 16 FlexMixes that can be individually designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes. These 16 FlexMixes are in addition to the 4 fixed subgroups giving you a total of 20 mix buses, not counting the main mix and solo buses. We also provided 24 Filter DCAs so you can more easily and flexibly control groups of channels. These are only a few of the many ways you can customize your StudioLive Series III rack mixer exactly to your needs and workflow.
Integrated software package with professional DAW, remote-control apps, and one-touch recording.
PreSonus StudioLive Series III mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface touch-control software for Mac, Windows, Android, and iPad®. Remote control the mixer’s recallable XMAX preamps and Fat Channel processing with Studio One Artist for low-latency recording with effects. (Reverb-drowned singers: rejoice!) Completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows with Capture. Save mixer scenes with your live recordings in Capture and edit both in Studio One Artist. StudioLive Series III mixers and software work together to form a cohesive ecosystem that helps you achieve your creative vision.
Network-ready, with a choice of recording methods.
Networking isn’t the future of professional audio systems; it’s here now. StudioLive 32R Series III rack mixers come equipped with an AVB Ethernet connection that enables you to network multiple StudioLive Series III mixers and compatible computers and stream up to 55 channels of audio to and from a Mac or Windows PC. You also get 40x40 recording via USB 2.0, giving you a choice of computer recording methods. Each channel can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. Alternatively, quickly and easily record the main mix—or any other stereo mix—to the built-in SD Card recorder. Upload a show for fans, give the band a reference recording, and more, no computer required. You can even simultaneously multitrack record to your laptop via USB or AVB and record in stereo to SD.
Remote mix control available on a plethora of both wired and wireless devices.
In addition to the AVB recording connection, StudioLive Series III rack mixers sport a 1 Gb Ethernet port that can connect to a wireless router or directly to a computer, providing remote control of virtually all features. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface for Mac®, Windows®, iPad®, and Android ™ tablet. Even add a second—or third, or even fourth!—screen for fast workflow. Musicians can control their monitor mixes onstage with QMix®-UC for iPhone®, iPod® touch, or Android device without the need for large monitor networks. Go wireless, wired, or both
Simple but versatile audio connections.
We kept the StudioLive Series III rack mixers’ front and rear panels clean and simple, yet they have all the connections you need. All 32 channel inputs on the StudioLive 32R use locking combo jacks to accept microphone- or line-level signals. You also get a pair of unbalanced RCA jacks as additional inputs for Channels 31 and 32 for easy connectivity to smartphones, media players, and other consumer audio sources. In addition to main L/R outputs and headphone jack, you get 16 FlexMix outputs that can each be independently configured as subgroups, monitor outputs, or matrix outputs. The result is a versatile set of connections that provide the access you need in a compact, 2U package.
Connect a StudioLive Series III rack mixer, and you’ll instantly hear details and an open high end you’d expect to find only in an expensive studio console. We built our reputation designing great-sounding analog circuits, including our famous XMAX solid-state, Class A preamps, and we put all of that experience into designing StudioLive Series III consoles and rack mixers. We didn’t cut corners on components, and we just say “No!” to noisy, crosstalk-y ribbon cables. As a result, StudioLive Series III mixers deliver the high-end audio quality you need to preserve your hard-earned reputation for producing great-sounding mixes and recordings.
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
Local Inputs and Outputs
- 34 total inputs
- 32 min/line channel inputs + 2 RCA inputs
- 16 ¼-inch TRS FlexMix outputs
- 2 XLR (L/R) Main outputs
- Stereo headphone output
Channels and Buses
- 32 input channels
- 2 stereo aux inputs (AVB or USB)
- 1 stereo digital return (SD Card, AVB, or USB)
- 26 buses:
- 16 FlexMixes (can be designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes)
- 4 dedicated subgroups
- 4 internal effects sends
- Stereo main bus
- 24 Filter DCAs for easily and flexibly controlling groups of channels
- 1 Ethernet control network port
- Dynamic, Self Assigned, and Manual IP address modes
- 1 Locking XLR Ethernet AVB audio network port
- Onboard stereo SD recorder
- 40x40 USB recording interface
- 55x55 AVB recording interface
- Intuitive Fat Channel signal processing on every channel with:
- A/B settings comparison
- Highpass filter and polarity reverse
- Gate/expander with sidechain
- Compressor with sidechain
- 4-band parametric EQ on inputs
- 6-band parametric EQ on outputs
- Delay on every input
- Delay on every output
- Professionally programmed library of presets
- Vintage EQ and compressor models available on every input
- Passive EQ
- Vintage EQ
- Tube compressor
- FET compressor
- 8 31-band graphic EQs
- 4 internal effects buses: combination of reverbs and delays with modern and vintage options
- Built-in real-time analyzer
Scenes and Presets
- Create, save, and edit up to 100 scenes
- Scene management with:
- Scene Safe—prevents a scene change from affecting designated “safe” channels
- Create, save, and edit channel settings and copy/paste between channels
- Advanced channel preset options can save and recall:
- Channel type and name
- Input settings (preamp, +48V phantom power, polarity, pan)
- Fat Channel A & B settings
- Bus assignments
- Aux and effects send levels and pan
- Select button color
- 8 Quick Scenes
- 8 Mute groups
- Studio-quality converters with 115 dB dynamic range
- 48 kHz operation with 24-bit resolution (44.1 kHz option coming soon)
- Actively Integrated Software
- UC Surface touch control software for Mac®, Windows®, iPad®, and Android ™
- Studio One® Artist digital audio workstation software for Mac and Windows
- Capture™ multitrack recording software for Mac and Windows
- QMix®-UC aux-control software for iOS® and Android™ available free from Apple App Store and Google Play
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for UC Surface, QMix®-UC, and Studio One®.
- Mac® OS X 10.8.5 64-bit or later
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Windows® 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64/x86, Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Mac and Windows Systems
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- 34 GB hard disk space
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution
- iOS 9.3 or later
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2
- Android™ 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
- Android smartphone (QMix-UC)
- Android tablet (8-inch) with 1024x768 resolution (UC Surface)
Note: The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio signals.