Superior Sound Quality. Powerful Plugin Performance. Lowest Latency.
Ensemble Thunderbolt™ is the best sounding all-in-one audio recording interface for Mac. With ultra-low latency performance, comprehensive studio functionality and legendary Apogee quality, Ensemble is the ideal choice to meet the diverse demands of the professional home or commercial studio. Ensemble features premium Apogee AD/DA conversion, 8 Advanced Stepped Gain™ mic preamps, monitor controller functionality including talkback, front panel Guitar I/O, two headphone outputs and digital connectivity for a total of 30 x 34 I/O.
Ensemble Thunderbolt Highlights
- 8 Mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and Advanced Stepped Gain circuit
- Legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion
- Thunderbolt connectivity for ultra-low latency (1.1ms round trip with Logic Pro X)
- Front panel Guitar I/O with Class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
- Talkback functionality with built-in mic and control button
- 2 PurePower headphone outputs
- 10 separately assignable analog inputs
- 16 analog outputs of premium Apogee conversion
- Core Audio optimized DMA engine frees up Mac CPU for plugins and software instruments
- Apogee Control software offers highly customizable workflow and Essentials Control Strip window
- Compatible with Apogee Control hardware remote studio controller
- Connect two Ensembles to your Mac and double your analog inputs and outputs
- Connect any Apogee Element series interface to Ensemble for additional Ensemble quality inputs and outputs
The Best of Apogee.
The Power of Thunderbolt.
Blending the best of Apogee’s acclaimed innovations with groundbreaking new features and the power of Thunderbolt technology, the completely redesigned Ensemble sets a new standard for personal studio interfaces.
Great-sounding plugins for Ensemble
that work the way you want to
Apogee FX Rack Plugins are made with the same quest for quality and obsessive attention to detail as Apogee hardware products. Thanks to Apogee’s unique DualPath DSP-Native technology, Apogee FX Rack plugins can run both on the hardware DSP in Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series interfaces and as native plugins on your Mac. Apogee’s DualPath technology opens up a variety of popular, simplified workflows, always with the lowest latency. No other system offers this level of flexibility and sound quality.
True Thunderbolt Performance
Ensemble delivers the full potential of Thunderbolt 2 performance with the lowest latency, unmatched CPU efficiency, 2 ports for expanding your system and a revolutionary 32-bit playback signal path.
The Lowest Latency of any Audio Interface
Ensemble’s proprietary Thunderbolt driver has been written from the ground up for Mac OS X Mavericks, resulting in unmatched performance and efficiency. Latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.1ms round-trip*, allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session’s DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Ensemble’s ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed.
To accommodate different workflow preferences, Ensemble features optional direct hardware monitoring through Apogee’s Control Software with 0.6ms of latency.
* Logic Pro X at 96kHz / 32 buffer setting
Multi-unit Support for Ensemble and Element Series
Expand your studio with two Ensembles or connect any Apogee Element Series interface to an Ensemble
Intel’s Thunderbolt™ technology was made for connecting multiple high bandwidth peripherals to your Mac. Ensemble includes two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports, allowing you to connect hard drive arrays, video capture devices, Thunderbolt monitors with up to 4k resolution, a second Ensemble or an Apogee Element.