Universal Audio Apollo X6
Elite Audio Conversion with New HEXA Core Processing and Surround Sound.
Apollo x6 allows music producers and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual-Crystal clocking, and 5.1 surround sound monitoring — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or Windows.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 16 x 22 interface easily outperforms everything in its class with two Unison™-enabled mic preamps, all-new HEXA Core processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time — plus it includes LUNA Recording System, giving you a fully-integrated music production application.
- Record with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion — nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest noise available, at any price
- Mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Track with near-zero latency through Unison™ preamp emulations from Neve,® API,® Manley,® Helios,® Fender,® and more†
- Includes LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated and inspiring music production application
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interfaces’ class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
The Apollo X series also introduces new Dual-Crystal clocking — featuring dedicated crystals for 44.1/88.2/176.4k and 48/96/192k sample rates — resulting in stunningly low jitter, measured at less than 10 picoseconds. This translates into pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging you can trust.
With 129 dB dynamic range and -119 dB THD+N, Apollo x6’s open, natural sound rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x6 features HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you’re tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug‑ins provide.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API & Manley Preamps
Perfect for electronic musicians and post production professionals who don’t require tons of mic inputs, Apollo x6 features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL, and Universal Audio. A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard HEXA Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
LUNA Recording System Deep Apollo Integration with a Fast, Natural Workflow
Apollo X series interfaces work with all major DAWs. But they become a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, Universal Audio’s groundbreaking music production application for Mac. Harness LUNA’s Accelerated Realtime Monitoring™ and power your workflow with a host of built-in features and optional extensions — from genuine Neve summing and integrated Studer tape, to inspiring LUNA instruments, and more.
Surround Sound, Talkback, and More
The Apollo x6 features built-in front-panel monitoring functions including a Talkback mic, Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono control. Plus, with its comprehensive 5.1 surround monitoring support, Apollo x6 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x6 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build an Expanded Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x6 offers 16 x 22 simultaneous inputs/outputs (6 x 6 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports. This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Realtime Analog Classics Bundle
With the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you not only get legendary compressors such as the Fairchild® 670 and EQs like the Pultec® EQP-1A, but also stunning guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube, and UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
- UA 610‐B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- Fairchild® 670 Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Raw Distortion
- 16 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 2 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps — giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more†
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Surround monitor controller up to 5.1 format
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Available as Apollo Heritage Edition
Featuring 10 premium UAD titles — including complete plug‑in Collections of our award-winning Teletronix,® UA 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Helios® Type 69 and UA 610 mic preamps, Pultec® EQs, and more.
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 10 gigabytes available storage
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- macOS 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, or 11 Big Sur
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 64-bit edition